Reader Steve Frederick responds to Atticus Finch, Huck Finn expelled from Duluth Public Schools reading lists:
I stopped at 7-11 one day last summer. As I was pulling in to park, I heard the thundering bass of one of those car stereos that you can hear six blocks away.
By the time I was exiting my truck, the source of all that noise had pulled in next to me. A very large white girl exited the car and went inside, leaving an African-American male in the passenger seat.
He/they left the music at an ear splitting, window-rattling level. In the 45 seconds I was there, the song referred to cops as pigs, women as bitches and hoes, and used the N-word at least 6 times.
There was 5 or 6 young kids sitting on the curb, taking a break from their bike ride. I wonder what they’re going to think when their school bans these books for containing the N-word?
- Watchdog: UMD’s pipeline study was polluted by Enbridge money
- Duluth's ban on books in a hyper-sensitive age of insta-outrage
- Duluth Pack unveils 'conceal and carry' gun bag, Twitter not impressed
- The Duluth cemetery that just can't avoid being desecrated
- Duluth named 7th best city for surviving the nuclear apocalypse
More from News